2017 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGPlease be advised that the 2017 CMAA Annual General Meeting will be held in Tamworth in late January 2018. All financial members will be advised of the date, time and venue of the meeting closer to the date. BOARD NOMINATIONS: It is time to call for nominations for Board members of the Country Music Association of Australia. This 2017/2018 election will be for six (6) positions. The Board is made up of elected representatives and appointees as decided by the Board. Elected Board members have a three-year tenure, although they may resign at any time. Appointees are a one year tenure. If you wish to obtain a copy of the 2017/2018 Official Board Nomination Information Pack, please download HERE. Please print the form, complete and return to our Returning Officer Dianne Bean via email to: email@example.com with 'CMAA Board Nomination' in the subject line. 2017-18 Board Nomination Information - Important Dates Nominations close 5:00pm (EDT) Wednesday 13th December 2017. Voting commences 9:00am (EDT) Monday 18th December 2017. Voting closes 5:00m (EDT) Monday 8th January 2018 Elected Board Members will be announced at our CMAA Annual General Meeting in Tamworth January 2018, date and venue to be advised. Board Membership The CMAA continues to strive to present Australian country music in the best possible light. Before you nominate yourself for a Board position we'd like you to consider some important points. The current CMAA Board has tremendous talent around the table and every member gives freely of their time and talent to further the aims and ambitions of the CMAA. This is an unpaid position and Board members fund their own participation, travel and accommodation costs. CMAA Activities: The CMAA is responsible for:
- The nomination and judging process of the annual Country Music Awards of Australia (the Golden Guitar Awards) in partnership with the Tamworth Regional Council. This national event is our annual celebration of country music excellence and achievement, as voted by your peers and the industry. Obviously this is a massive undertaking and our primary responsibility.
- The administration and execution of the CMAA Academy of Country Music (Senior course in January and Junior course in July). The development and exposure of young and emerging talent from all over Australia and New Zealand is seen as a major commitment by the CMAA. As an industry we need to continually develop new artists to progress and promote the Australian country music genre both here and overseas.
- The running of the CMAA Facebook page with over 40,000 'likes' and the Country Club Newsletter. These subscribers are the people who attend our events and gigs all throughout the year. We acknowledge the invaluable assistance of Dianne Bean who continues to do a wonderful job with this task on behalf of the Board.
- The CMAA currently maintains a virtual office. Board members are called upon from time to time to assist and advise our staff with tasks and administrative duties as and when required.
- Board members are involved in the day-to-day administration of the CMAA. Tasks may include:
- Answering requests and inquiries from our members,
- Advising on all aspects of the Toyota Golden Guitar Awards
- Conducting elections for Board members
- Organising events such as the Red Carpet event
- Membership activities
- Funding, grant and resource applications
- The CMAA Board meets monthly via Skype. Typically, Board meetings can last from 10 am until 1pm. Unless you are fully prepared to attend all or nearly all meetings then please re-consider your potential contribution.
- The Board is in daily touch with each other via email and many decisions are made via email thread.
- The executive positions of Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer are decided annually by the Board following the AGM. There are a number of other 'portfolios' such as the Awards committee, the Membership committee, the Academy committee and so on. These all take a great deal of time for the individuals involved.
- Being a CMAA Board member is a great way to contribute to the progress of Country Music in Australia so if this sounds like something you are able and willing to do then please download the 2017/2018 Board Nomination Information Form, complete and return as per the enclosed instructions.
- Voting for Board members will involve all current financial professional members. Announcement of successful Board Members will take place at the Annual General meeting in Tamworth during the Festival. (Date and venue TBA.)
To nominate for a Board position, please download the 2017/2018 Official Board Nomination Information Pack HERE. Please print the form, complete and return to our Returning Officer Dianne Bean via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with 'CMAA Board Nomination' in the subject line. All the best Roger Corbett Vice Chair