Professional Membership Benefits
So why should you join the Country Music Association of Australia?
It's the same question everyone asks before they buy something. Before you hand over any amount of cold, hard cash, you want to know what you're going to get in return... what's in it for you. That's understandable!
- Your Association has negotiated a highly competitive Public Liability Insurance rate with a dedicated insurance office - contact is Ken Killen of Ozprize & Weather Insurance Specialists Pty Ltd - for proposal form click here
- Nomination Fees waived for CMAA Country Music Awards of Australia
- Minimum 10% discount on Choice Hotels
- Country Contacts Listing on CMAA website
- Priority Seating/Access to seating at CMAA events including Country Music Awards of Australia
- Access to Platinum Seating to CMAA Awards and After Awards Party
- Entitled to vote in the CMAA Country Music Awards of Australia
- Vote in any proposed changes to the nomination rules of the CMAA Country Music Awards of Australia
- Membership specific emails and information
- Receipt and uploading of press releases, tour information, gigs on the CMAA website
- First consultation fee for legal advice by The Law Company in relation to contracts, copyright, publishing agreements, music partnership agreements and advice generally in relation to music industry matters.
Add Your Weight
First and foremost is the importance of your contribution as an individual in supporting your professional association. Such associations do a power of work behind the scenes in everything from answering questions from the general public, media and government to representing your interests in campaigns designed to improve industry conditions.
A bit like a union except we're all workers, many of us self-employed, trying to make a living and get somewhere in our careers.
By adding your weight to Association numbers, you help give the organisation strength. Strength to do things, for you, for the industry and for others on your behalf.
And it's the old story, strength in numbers allows the organisation to do a whole lot more than if you weren't on board! The more people on board, the more the Association is able to do for you.
Your membership gives you the opportunity to be directly involved in the future of your industry a chance to influence what happens and make a direct contribution to your own industry.
Voting Rights (Professional Individual Members)
This is a very important benefit as it gives you the power, together with your fellow members, to determine the destiny of the organisation working on your behalf and various other activities... the peak Australian country music industry organisation.
You vote in Board elections to determine who will oversee the operation of your organisation for the year ahead.
· You have the right to nominate and stand yourself for the CMAA Board
· You have the right to nominate judges for the CMAA Country Music Awards of Australia
· You have the right to nominate candidates for the CMAA Australian Country Music Achiever Awards
You will also receive in your professional membership the following:
· A monthly newsletter from the CMAA called The Pick sent directly to your preferred email address